Friendliest Golf Club in the Comox Valley
SATURDAY – Golf Course CLOSED all day
Driving Range is OPEN
SUNDAY – Check Website for updates
Phone lines open at 9:00 am
for MEMBERS, PUNCH CARD HOLDERS & GREEN FEE PLAYERS
With tee times and COVID-19 Protocol
UNIQUE JOB OPPORTUNITY
CLUBHOUSE RESTAURANT MANAGER/COOK
COMOX GOLF CLUB
The Comox Golf Club is a beautiful nine hole course, open year round, nestled in the heart of the town of Comox, in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. We are currently seeking a creative, motivated and experienced individual to be part of our team as the Clubhouse Restaurant Manager. In this hands on position, the successful candidate will take a lead in forecasting, planning and controlling the ordering of food and beverages for our clubhouse.
The Clubhouse Restaurant Manager reports directly to the Board of Directors Kitchen Liaisons and is responsible for the safe, efficient and financial day to day operations of the clubhouse restaurant. The Manager’s mandate includes contributing to planning, executing and achieving the strategic objectives of the organization, managing the operations, maintenance and employees, as well as ensuring safety and regulatory compliance standards are adhered to at all times.
Duties and responsibilities of the Clubhouse Restaurant Manager:
- Plan, forecast and execute food and beverage orders
- Work closely with tournament directors planning and executing banquet meals
- Plan, execute and cater private parties
- Process customer complaints
- Check food and beverage supplies and place orders when needed
- Track and order shipments
- Communicate and build strong relationships with vendors
- Adhere to food, health and safety standards
- Plan, hire, train, oversee and manage the members of staff
- Oversee and supervise the welcoming of customers
- Always strive towards an exceptional customer experience
- Must be available to work days, evenings and weekends
Clubhouse Restaurant Manager requirements and qualifications:
- experience in managing food and beverage, or similar role, or equivalent education
- Must be a capable cook with the ability to train others
- Must have understanding of food and beverage costs and menu planning
- Customer oriented approach
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Food Safe and Serving it Right certification
- Knowledge and experience in the golf course industry is an asset
If you’re looking to be part of a great team where employees work hard together to provide members as well as the general public with an excellent club experience, the Comox Golf Club is the place to be. We strive to know all of our members, greet them with a smile and ensure they enjoy themselves while at the club. We are seeking an individual with a positive attitude who enjoys coming to work in a safe workplace, is respectful of both members and staff and is proud to be a Comox Golf Club team member.
Please submit resumes to the Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to Covid 19 restrictions please do not drop resumes off in person.
PHO order on province-wide COVID restrictions has been extended.
By order and direction of the PHO, all individuals, places of work and businesses in B.C. must significantly reduce social interactions and travel.
The order is in effect from November 19, 2020 at midnight to February 05, 2021 at midnight.
Masks are now required for everyone in all public indoor settings and workplaces. People who cannot put on or remove a mask on their own are exempt.
Employers are expected to enforce the mandatory mask policy with both employees and customers.
A customer can be refused entry or service if they do not wear a mask.
ALL SCHEDULED CLUB FUNCTIONS – are cancelled until further notice
THE RESTAURANT IS OPEN
Comox Golf Course for handicap purposes is INACTIVE
Golf Pro Shop only 250-339-4444
Restaurant only 250-339-7272
RESPECT THE SMOKING RULES AROUND THE CLUB
The Comox Golf Club is a championship nine hole golf course located in the heart of picturesque downtown Comox. Beautifully conditioned fairways and well-maintained greens offer both challenge and reward – an exciting combination for golfers of all levels. Open year round, come see for yourself the best value golf course in town!
Our friendly Club is welcoming new members.
Book your corporate function for preferred golf rates and consult with our kitchen staff on designing a menu that suits you!
Note: The front 9 holes are played from the red tees. The back 9 holes are played from the yellow tees. Par 70, 5339 yards for Men, par 72, 5412 yards for Ladies. On holes #3 and #12, ladies tee off from the back tees (red and yellow), as it is a par 5 for them.