Men’s results from David Wood via Peter McDonald
Wednesday June 19th 2019
- Low gross was Peter Benedictson with 38
- 2nd was Ash Megalli also with a 38.
- 3rd was Tracy Branch also with a 38.
- Low net was Brian Haslett with 31
- 2nd was Wayne Trenholm also with a 31.
- 3rd was Ian Leakey with a 32.
- Long drive winners were Gibby and Wayne Trenholm.
- Closest to the pin was won by Gibby and Nick Karpinsky,
- Longest putt for dough was Carson Venechuk.
The Men’s club would like to thank the 52 players who attended in spite of windy conditions. Get those entries in for the North Island…it’s filling up quickly. Peter McDonald apologizes for the lack of information the last while. He was out of town.
Sunday June 9th 2019 Men’s Morning
- Low gross was Nick Usher with a 71
2nd has Jon Huisman with a 72.
3rd was Peter McDonald with a 74.
- Low net was Mark Smith with a 62
2nd was Vic Crisp also with a 62
3rd was Joe Webber with a 63.
- Long drive winners were Sean McMillan, Jon Reddin and Larry Kulesh.
Closest to the pin was won by Nick Usher and Joe Webber.
- Highlight of the day was a Hole in One on the 5th hole by Nick Usher. It was Nick’s 2nd hole in one.
- The Men’s club is happy to welcome two new sponsors. H20 to Go (Jon Huisman) and Vic Crisp.
Wednesday June 5th 2019 Men’s Night
- Low gross was Jon Huisman with a 36
2nd was Jeremy Vanetta also with a 36
3rd was Peter McDonald with a 38
- Low net was Joe Webber with 33
2nd was Carman Thompson also with a 33
3rd was Carson Venechuk with a 34.
- Long drive winners were Thomas Drew, Horton and Jon Lloyd
Closest to the pin was won by Horton and Kevin Loga.
Sunday June 2nd 2019 results:
- Low Gross was Tracy Branch with 72.
- 2nd was Peter McDonald also with 72.
- 3rd was Bruce Lewis with 73.
- Low net was Don Ellis with a 61.
- 2nd was John Hope with 62.
- 3rd was Gord Harris also with a 62.
- Long driver winners were Horton and Peter McDonald and Larry Kulesh.
- Closest to the pin winners were Matt McIntyre and Tracy Branch
- Reminder From Capt. Dave and Vic to all members to enter your scores in a timely manner.
4Wednesday May 29th 2019 results:
- Low Gross was Jon Huisman with an impressive 33
- 2nd was Peter McDonald with a 34
- 3rd was Dan Bailey with a 36
- Low Net was Joe Webber with a 30 (count back winner)
- 2nd was Rick Adams also with a 30.
- 3rd was Gord Harris with a 31
- Long drive champions were Rob Rasmussen and Dan Bailey.
- Closest to the Pin was won by Scott McLeod and Darren Lloyd-Jones
- The long putt for dough was won by Jim Slater
- The Pot of gold was won by Sean McMillan
Sunday May 26th 2019 results:
- Low gross was Marty Petersen with a 71
- 2nd was Joe Webber with 72
- 3rd was Dave Wheeldon with 73
- Low net winner was Bruce Lewis with an amazing 58
- 2nd was Don Ellis with 63
- 3rd was Wayne Trenholm with 64
- Long drive winners were Horton and Chris Haslett
- Closest to the pin winners were Kevin Loga and Matt McIntyre
The Men’s Club is pleased to welcome new prize sponsor The Hen and Hog restaurant courtesy of Darren Lloyd-Jones.
May 19th results:
- Low Gross was Ash Megalli with 72
- 2nd was Peter McDonald with 76
- Low Net was Carson Venechuk with 65
- 2nd was Mike Simmons with 66
- Long Drive winners were Peter McDonald and Joel Grimoltson.
- Closest to the pin was Ash Megalli on 5 and Hank V12 on 9.
- There were no winners of the pot of Gold so $125 is carried over for the low Handicappers and $30 is carried over for the high handicappers.
May 15th results:
- Low Gross was Greg Hart with an outstanding 33
- 2nd was Tracy Branch with a 35
- 3rd was Ash Megalli also with a 35
- Low Net was Mark Hallam with a 30
- 2nd was Ken Loga also with 30
- 3rd was Mike Naso
- Long Drive winners were Peter McDonald and Darren Lloyd-Jones
- Closest to the pin was Scott Macleod on 5 and Greg Hart on 9.
- Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to the 45 competitors who attended.
Sunday May 5th 2019
- Low score was Bill Bowles at 75.
- Second was Peter McDonald with 76.
- Third was Marty Petersen with 79.
- Low net was Jimmy Slater with 64.
- Second net was Gord Baudais at 67 via count back.
- Third was Brian Hegg with a 67.
- Long drive winners were Paul Hackett and Ken Simmons.
- Closest to the pin winners were Don Ellis on 5 and Nick Karpinsky on 18.
- Highlight of the day was an eagle 2 on the 10th hole by Bill Bowles.
- Thanks to all who played Sunday morning.
Wednesday May 1st 2019
- Low Gross was Sean MacMillan with a 37,
- Jon Huisman with 38
- Peter McDonald with 39.
- Low Net was Jim Slater with a 30,
- Ken Simmons with 31
- Pat Riva with 32.
- Long drive honours went to Andre and Jon.
- Closest to the pin was won by Rick Adams and Bruce Lewis.
Sunday 25th April 2019
- Stu Holland had a hole in one on #14 last week. It was his 3rd ace, his second ace at Comox Golf Club.
- Low gross was Nick Usher with a 72,
- Dave Wheeldon with a 73
- Bill Wheeldon with a 75.
- Low net was Don Ellis with a 61,
- Gord Baudais with a 63
- Mark Smith with a 65.
- Long Drive winners were Nick Karpinski and Peter McDonald.
- Brian Hegg won the pot of gold.